Dear Mayfield Senior School Community,
As summer begins, we wanted to share an update regarding our search for a new Head of School for the 2023-24 school year and ask for your participation in this project. Our work with RG175
, represented by Tom Hudnut and Arlyce Seibert, has begun in earnest! Tom and Arlyce had a robust and joy-filled day on our beautiful campus last Friday, June 17. They met with administrators, faculty, staff, students, alums, parents, former parents and Trustees. Their conversations were thoughtful and helpful in shaping the position description that will be circulated this summer.
Now, we want to hear your feedback as well! We are asking you to complete our Head of School Search Survey*, to share your opinions about the current state of Mayfield Senior School, the challenges and opportunities ahead, and the professional and personal qualities you feel are important in the next Head of School. We hope that you will take this opportunity to have your voice heard in this important process. The results of the survey go directly to the consultants who will then provide the Search Committee with an analysis of the data they receive. All respondents will remain anonymous, unless you choose to share your name in the survey. The survey will be open through Thursday, June 30.
COMPLETE MAYFIELD HEAD OF SCHOOL SEARCH SURVEY HERE *»
We are also happy to share that our Search Committee has been formed and includes the following Mayfield Senior community members:
- Amber Berrios ‘07: Alum; Board of Trustees member; Alum Council member
- Alison Jones Gamble ‘87: Alum; Current Parent '24; Board of Trustees member
- Jane Hawley '86, Alum; Board of Trustees member, Chair of the Search Committee
- Jim LoCoco: Past Parent ‘13, ‘17, ‘18; Board of Trustees member
- Kelly Nelson Nakasone ‘93; Alum, Current Parent '24; Board of Trustees member and Chair Emeritus
- Sr. Eileen McDevitt, SHCJ: Director, Holy Child Network of Schools; Sister of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus
- Sr. Sheila McNiff, SHCJ, ‘56: Alum; Board of Trustees member; Sister of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus
- Fr. Wayne Negrete: SJ: Former Board of Trustees member
- Erika Randall: Past Parent ’22, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Shadi Sanbar: Past Parent ‘17; Board of Trustees member, Vice Chair of the Search Committee
- Tina Zapata: Dean of the Faculty; Social Science Teacher
Thank you for your involvement in our search process through the community survey. We wish you an enjoyable summer!
Jane Collins Hawley ‘86
Chair, Head of School Search Committee
Vice Chair, MSS Board of Trustees
Chair, MSS Board of Trustees
Member, Head of School Search Committee
Past Parent ‘22
*Live links have been disabled for website viewing. Members of the Mayfield community were
emailed this survey information. But if you did not receive that email and wish to fill out this
survey before June 30, please contact Mayfield's Director of Communications, Lauren Marks.