Experience the empowerment of being an athlete!
Mayfield Senior School's motto, "Actions Not Words," is nowhere more alive than in the dedication, discipline, camaraderie and sportsmanship of our athletes. Our varsity teams are highly competitive in 11 sports within the Prep League, a division of the California Interscholastic Federation
(CIF), as well as in our CIF-SS
(Southern Section) regional and CIF State divisions.
Aside from the obvious benefits of keeping fit and active, participating in sports empowers students in many other ways. Student athletes learn to think on their feet, how to manage their time, how to work as part of a team, how to set and achieve personal goals, and how to bounce back from a loss or disappointment with grace.
“It is fun to go beyond our perceived limitations, set new goals and achieve them!”
Go Cubs! Recent Mayfield athletic highlights include:
• Prep League Champions (2012, 2011, 2008)
• CIF-SS Division IV Runners Up (2011, 2008)
• CIF-SS Division IV Top 5 (2009)
• CIF-State Finals (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
• Individual Championship Title (2012, 2010)
• Prep League Champions (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
• Prep League Champions (2011, 2010)
• Prep League Champions (2008)
• CIF-SS Quarter Finals (2009)
Track & Field
• Prep League Champions (2012, 2010, 2009)
• Prep League Champions (2009, 2008, 2007)
• CIF-SS Division III Champions (2009, 2008, 2007)
• CIF-State Division III Playoffs (2009, 2008, 2007)
• CIF-SS Division III Player of the Year (2009)
• CIF-SS Division III Coach of the Year (2009)
Sports offered at Mayfield
- Badminton (V, JV)
- Basketball (V, JV)
- Cross Country (V, JV)
- Golf (V)
- Soccer (V, JV)
- Softball (V)
- Swimming & Diving (V, JV)
- Tennis (V, JV)
- Track & Field (V, JV)
- Water Polo (V, JV)
- Volleyball (V, JV, F/S)
|Required Physical Exam Form|
All new students, all athletes, Dance Conservatory students and any student taking P.E. needs a physical valid for the current school year. The form must be signed and completed by your physician. Any queries, please contact Lynda Gilbert.
Director of Athletics
(626) 799-9121 ext. 242
Technikon College, South Africa - B.Sc.
Assistant Athletic Director/Athletic Trainer
(626) 799-9121 ext. 271/242
Azusa Pacific University - B.A.
Azusa Pacific University - M.S.