Mayfield Senior School
500 Bellefontaine Street Pasadena, CA 91005
P: (626) 799-9121
F: (626) 799-8576
Give Online Now!
Applications for 2016-17 are now closed
|Please complete an inquiry form to be notified when applications for 2017-18 are open. We hope to see 8th-grade families for a Campus Tour this fall!|
Mayfield Senior School is committed to providing need-based financial aid to new and returning families. Assistance is awarded based on demonstration of need as well as on available financial aid funds. All new and returning families are required to complete all requested information (see checklist below) in order to be considered for Financial Aid.
Financial Aid Application Checklist 2016-2017
|1. Review Mayfield’s Financial Aid Policies and Guidelines|
In compliance with non-profit institutional standards, Mayfield Senior School has adopted the following Financial Aid Policies and Guidelines:
Financial Aid Policies and Guidelines 2016-2017
- Need based financial assistance is offered to families demonstrating need.
- In determining financial aid, the school may consider all available parental resources.
- Each family must reapply for financial aid each year. Financial Aid awards are not automatically renewable on an annual basis.
- All custodial parents must complete an online Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) to School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) for processing.
- Financial information from the non-custodial parent will be required. The school reserves the right to request appropriate documents to verify custodial arrangements and to request financial information.
- All parents must furnish SSS with a copy of their 2015 tax return with all the schedules and accompanying W-2s no later than February 5, 2016. If your 2015 return is not available, please submit a copy of your 2014 return no later than February 5, 2016. You will be required to submit a copy of your 2015 return to SSS no later than Friday, April 15, 2016.
- All custodial parents must submit to SSS Form 4506-T (signed and dated only) to permit Mayfield Senior School to obtain a copy of their tax return from the IRS, no later than February 5, 2016.
- Families should submit forms and tax returns by the required deadline dates, or the request for financial aid may not be processed.
- When a parent does not work and there are no preschool children, heath problems or aging parents at home, the school will impute an annual income of $25,000 to the non-working parent.
- The school will not consider business losses or depreciation in calculating financial need.
- The school reserves the right to withdraw financial aid at any time during the school year should discrepancies be discovered in the information provided.
These Financial Aid Policies and Guidelines are also available as a PDF download under Financial Aid Downloads »
|2. Complete the 2016-2017 Supplemental Financial Aid Application|
Complete the Supplemental Financial Aid Application and return to Mayfield Senior School by February 5, 2016.
The Supplemental Financial Aid Application is available for download as a PDF under Financial Aid Downloads »
|3. Complete Federal Form 4506-T (Request for Copy of Tax Return)|
Your daughter’s application will not be considered if we do not receive this form. Complete fields 1-5 only, then sign, date and forward to SSS.
Do not send IRS fees. Mayfield will pay any necessary fees if the school elects to request a copy of your original filed tax return.
Form 4506-T is available for download as a PDF under Financial Aid Downloads »
|4. Complete the online Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) |
Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) for the Academic Year 2016-2017 online at sssbynais.org/parents no later than February 5, 2016
. The fee for applying online is $47. Make sure to have the PFS report sent to Mayfield Senior School (SSS Code 4972). We also encourage you to carefully review the Parents’ Financial Statement Workbook and Instruction Booklet.
Please submit a copy of your completed PFS, along with your 2015 1040 with all filed schedules and attachments and W-2 to SSS no later than February 5, 2016 (in case your 2015 tax return is not completed by February 5, 2016, please submit your 2014 1040 with all filed schedules and attachments and W-2). If you miss the February 5, 2016 PFS deadline, your application will be considered on a wait-basis. Therefore, if exact figures are not available by February 5, 2016, use estimates. If your daughter qualifies and is awarded financial assistance, and you submitted your 2014 tax return, you are required to submit a copy of your 2015 tax return to SSS by Friday, April 15, 2016. If you miss the April 15, 2016 deadline date, we reserve the right to withdraw funds awarded.
|5. Mail a copy of your PFS to Mayfield Senior School|
Please mail a copy of your PFS no later than February 5, 2016 to:
Mayfield Senior School
Attention: Financial Aid Office
500 Bellefontaine Street
Pasadena, CA 91105
Please do not mail a copy of your tax return to the Financial Aid Office. We will not accept faxed materials. All information supplied to us will be kept in strict confidence.
Scholarships for Need-Based Financial Aid
|The scholarships listed below are offered to students who demonstrate financial need. |
|Ahmanson Foundation Scholarship|
The Ahmanson Foundation makes an annual gift designated for outstanding students of color who otherwise could not afford to attend Mayfield Senior School.
|Roy E. Coats Family Scholarship|
This scholarship is established to assist the daughters of Mayfield Senior School alumnae or students demonstrating financial need. One full-tuition grant may be awarded or the annual scholarship may be shared among several students.
|De Pietro Family Scholarship|
Established in 2002 by the De Pietro family, this endowed scholarship is awarded to a student who demonstrates academic excellence and has a special interest in math or the sciences. This scholarship is awarded every four years.
|The Doheny Scholarship Foundation|
The Carrie Estelle Doheny Foundation established the Doheny Scholarship Program in 1998 to be awarded to deserving students who demonstrate outstanding character, leadership skills, academic ability and financial need.
|David C. Haber Scholarship|
This scholarship was established in 2002 in memory of former Board of Trustee Chair, David C. Haber. Inspired by the qualities of Dave's life, this scholarship is awarded to a young woman who demonstrates great joy in learning, involvement in school activities and a special commitment to both family and community. This scholarship is awarded every four years.
|W.M. Keck Foundation Scholarship|
A gift from the W. M. Keck Foundation to the Mayfield Senior School Scholarship Endowment allows the school to award financial assistance to a student(s) based on academic achievement and financial need.
|Jackie Koo Scholarship|
Established in 1994 by the Koo family, this endowed fund provides scholarship support to students who demonstrate academic promise.
|George H. Mayr Foundation Scholarship|
The Mayr Foundation established an endowment fund and additionally provides annual support to fund scholarships in memory of George H. Mayr. The Foundation stipulates that recipients be permanent residents of the State of California and "deserving, needy and worthy" of the scholarship. This scholarship is supported by annual donations from the Foundation and the special endowment fund that was established in 1996.
|Pike Family Scholarship|
Mr. and Mrs. Thomas P. Pike established this scholarship in 1991. This endowed fund provides scholarship support to students who demonstrate academic promise.
|Rose Hills Scholarship|
This scholarship, established in 2008, awards financial assistance to a student(s) based on academic achievement and financial need. This scholarship is awarded every four years.
|Sr. Mary Wilfrid Scholarship|
This endowed scholarship was established in July 1991 to honor Sr. Mary Wilfrid's 45 years of service to Mayfield. While at Mayfield Senior School, Sr. Wilfrid served the school as Prefect, Alumnae Advisor, Director of Admissions, Historian and ardent fan of the school's competitive athletic program. This scholarship recognizes an outstanding scholar with special talents and gifts. The amount of the award is $1,000.
|Mayfield Senior School admits students of any race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin. Mayfield Senior School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.|